Here is a recipe that I have come to enjoy immensely when I have a bath. Okay, for those that know me know that baths are my thing. So, if you like baths as much as I do; here is the bomb for bath enjoyment. You will wonder how you lived without them.
You will need:
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup corn starch
- ½ cup oil (almond oil, olive oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil, etc.)
- 8-10 drops of your favorite or combination of essential oil(s)
- Silicone mold or ice trays
- In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, corn starch, and oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
- Mix well with a spoon or with your hands until a soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. At this point you could also add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to the mixture. If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and corn starch until the consistency is right
- Put the mixture into a silicone mold. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before removing from mold.
- The bath bombs are ready to use once they are completely dry. To use, just drop them in the tub/shower until they dissolve.
Choose the EO that speaks to you and makes everything right in your world. If you’re new to essential oils, here are some recommendations to try if you looking for support in:
- Calming use Geranium and Lavender
- Self-confidence use Balance and Frankincense
- Mind clarity use Lemon and Rosemary
- Relaxation use Bergamot and Lavender
- Motivation use Rosemary and Peppermint
- Sleep use Lavender, Vetiver and Marjoram
- Rejuvenating use Frankincense and Rosemary
- Muscle Mender use Ylang Ylang and Clary Sage